Sunday, March 22, 2015

Time to get back at it

Do you ever get in a slump in life? I think we all do but if you never have, please let me know how you have not so I can learn how not to. :)

I have found that as my children get older I get more busy with them and less busy with crafting. I thought I was busy with the children when they were small and I organized a mom's play group. I felt that since I put the activities on the calendar for our group that meant I needed to show up to them or almost all of them and we were a pretty busy group. Now the children are all busy with after school activities so if I want to craft I have to get it in before I need to get ready and pick them up from school and that's where my other excuse for not crafting come ins: Facebook.

I have also found out that Facebook becomes an excuse for not doing what you should be doing. I get lost in my Facebook page reading comments and stories and looking at videos my friends and family post. I just need to turn it off but it's addictive. 

I do make things and sometimes even take pictures but it's the getting them up on my blog that lags and is neglected so I am going to try to be better about it at least until I click on my Facebook tab again. 

I made a few things for St. Patrick's Day and even took pictures but since I was on vacation during St. Patrick's Day, I didn't get the pictures posted. 

Here is one to wish you a belated St. Patrick's Day...

 I made these using a file from SVG Attic called Charmingly Green and my Silhouette. I cut out circles in yellow paper to look like gold and hot glued them around the edges. It made the inside higher so I could add treats on the top as well as the inside of the box. The top of the box comes off. I put mini Reeses peanut butter cups inside and mini Rollos on the top.

Thanks for helping me get on track again with my crafting. I have more projects to share so come back tomorrow to see what I made. Tomorrow's project is something I designed myself for my file cutting machine.

2 comments:

  1. These are just so fun. Love the colours.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! I would love if you would share these either on the SVG Attic FB page or the SVG Attic Fanatics FB group!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Lorby's World today and leaving a comment.