Wednesday, February 1, 2012

SVG Attic February Challenge

The SVG Attic challenge for February is to make anything your heart desires using at least one heart in your project. Yes, I made a pun but it's a heartfelt pun. To learn about the February challenge, click on the link to the SVG Attic Blog. You'll find out what to do for the challenge plus get to see lots of inspiring ideas from the SVG Attic design team. I am sharing what I did for the challenge today and I hope it inspires you to check out the store at SVG Attic.

I made this lovely Valentine's box for my "sweet" husband using the matchbox from the "Be Mine" set.

I used the "Sweetheart Captions" for the sediment on top.

I know there is nothing in the "sweet nothing" box at the moment but come Valetine's Day it it will be loaded with sweet chocolates.

Here are some steps I went through in making this adorable box...
 This is the top.
 Bottom.
 This step and the two that follow show how you put the sides together.


 I fitted and glued the outside of the box after I glued the inside box so that I knew the top wouldn't be too tight.

I love Mod Podge with glitter and painted the inside and outsides with it. It helps make the box stronger as well as sparkle. Ahhh, pretty! Sparkly!

The rose is part of the "Be Mine" set and adds a nice touch to the box. I cut my rose out of cream card stock and then inked the edges with a light pink and finally used gold glitter mist all over and a dab of bright pink glitter in the middle.
I made the "sweet nothings" from Sweetheart Captions set. I used the same cream colored card stock for the back shadow and for the individual letters S W E E T. I used some red glitter glue to on the letters S W E E T. Finally I hot glue gunned red and white lace around each end of the box before attaching my sentiment and rose.

Be Mine Set

 Sweetheart Captions

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you'll join us for this month's challenge at SVG Attic


Hugs from Jearise in Lorby's World.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Lorby's World today and leaving a comment.