Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's back to school time

Good morning everyone. I hope you're having a good week. I've been busy with getting kids back to school and home schooling my eldest. I saw a challenge entitled "Friends" over at My Craft Spot and thought I would throw my hat into the ring. I've never done a challenge before so this is exciting and new for me.

I just love the bright colors of this A2 card. I used paper from the DCWV Cotton Bloom stack and s.e.i Mimosa stack plus some neon green card stock from Recollections. I'll let you guess what part of the card is the Recollections paper and finally, I used a scrap of opalescence yellow for the flowers.

I put my Gypsy and Cricut Expressions to work cutting out the tag for the saying and the flowers - cartridge used: Mother's Day 2010. I cut the sentiment area at 2.5 inches for height and the flowers are with stem at 2.25 inches and the flowers to go on top at 1.50 inches. I then got out my Bic markers and got to doing some crazy decorating.


I used my Inkadinkado clear stamps #97608 for the sentiment  in green and embossed it with a la mode clear embossing powder. I used the green ink also around the edges and the ink is my favorite ink: Colorbox.

This little card is going for a trip in the next few days to a very special friend back in Tucson. I hope she enjoys it.

5 comments:

  1. I am sure she will enjoy your card! It is super cute!!

    my-o-scrappin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card...I love the bold BG color and the sentiment ! Thanks for playing along with us this week, at My Craft Spot !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Thanks for playing along with us this week at My Craft Spot!

    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful sentiment for such a lovely card. Thanks for joining the challenge at My Craft Spot

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet! The brads in the flowers look fantastic - and what a wonderful sentiment!
    Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Lorby's World today and leaving a comment.