Friday, July 26, 2013

Buttons and Bows Tutorial

Miriam's Crafting  Supply has so many buttons that it's hard to choose which one to use on a project and that's what I had to do.

I decided to show how buttons can be used on gift bows and needed one of the bigger buttons for this project. I went with one of the 30 mm buttons.
I used red sheer 1 1/2 inch ribbon to make my bow and you might say I cheated a little since I grabbed my Bowdabra to do it. 

This is the way I wrapped the cord around the ribbon when I was done. 
I brought both ends around to one side and preceded to attach my button.

One strand of string goes in one way and the other strand with go the opposite direction.

Then bring the two stands around back of the bow and tie them one more time. This will hold the button in place. 
Poof out your bow and there you have it.


Here is a mini tutorial on how to cut the ends.
Take your ribbon and fold it in half and cut across like the scissors are laying.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Lorby's World today and leaving a comment.