Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Thank You Dad Card

Father's Day is a special time to say thank you dad for all you do and that is why I put together this special Father's Day card.



The file to make this card came from SVG Attic's Cards for Dad cutting file set.

I used the Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Paper Stash Paper Pad-Kraft Resist to make the card. This paper is great for making masculine projects.

I have to show you a close up side view so you can see the Glimmer Mist I used. I just love this stuff and find I spray it on almost all my projects now just to give them that little extra touch. Also, these mist that add a touch of glimmer and glitz to your projects come in almost every and any color you can think of.

(I must add that my letters are more of the yellowish color like in the first picture but every time I tried to get a good picture of the Glimmer Mist, the letters would turn out more green in color.)

Here's a close up of the "D" and the "A." You can see how I used Tim Holtz Distress ink pad in Tea Dye to give them a distressed look.


My final touch came with the buttons and twine. I used Doodle Twine in the Primary Colors Pack - green.

I used my go to glue - Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive and my go to tape gun -  Scotch Advance Tape Glidder to hold it all together.


I linked up at the Desert Diva's Challenge using ribbon or twine - Craft It Up & Link It Up Party # 7


Thanks for taking a peek today and I hope I've given you some Father's Day inspiration.

Jearise from Lorby's World saying so long for now and looking forward to next time.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I love Glimmer mist. Hope you will stop by and link up at Craftin Desert Divas “Ribbon or Twine” Linky Party.
    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Lorby's World today and leaving a comment.