Monday, November 28, 2011

Hello Kitty Invite

Yesterday I was in a wonderful blog hop entitled Hello Kitty's Christmas Party hosted by Lynne from My Craftines.
My daughter is celebrating her birthday this month and the theme is Hello Kitty. In yesterday's blog hop, I showed off cupcake Hello Kitty toppers I made and a Hello Kitty button pin for the birthday girl. Here is the link if you would like to check them out: Hello Kitty's Christmas Party. I am now working on the invites for the party and would like to share what I have created for those.

Here is my invite. I used the cute little kitty head that I used on the cupcake toppers and in the button pin.
I used cream card stock and printed out the words "It's a Hello Kitty Birthday Party!" I then used my Cuddlebug to add the snowflake embossing. I found that I could emboss two pieces of card stock at the same time. This saved time since I had to emboss 20 of these.

 I bought a value pack of note cards from The Paper Studio and used them instead of making cards. I then cut my background paper at 5.25 x 3.75. I used ColorBox red chalk ink to put around the outside of the inside card stock. I waited to do the ink chalking until after I finished the embossing. I could have done it before but you get a different look when you do it afterwards. I added the little bow just because I thought the card needed something extra.

Thanks for stopping by today and checking out my kitty. A special thank you to Lynne for letting me invade her blog space.

Hugs from Jearise in Lorby's World.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Lorby's World today and leaving a comment.