Friday, April 21, 2017

4-2017/Stamp Set Showdown Write-Up

Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we’ll feature a different card technique. We’ve assembled a team of fabulous card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a wide variety of cards and ideas.
The month of April features a Showdown! A stamp set showdown, that is. We’re using one stamp set in various ways. Let’s face it, stamp sets are getting more and more expensive; so we’re here to inspire you by demonstrating how to s-t-r-e-t-c-h those stamps!
If you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here:
We have an amazing sponsor this month, Wilma Payne of Fun Stamper's Journey:
Please take a moment to check out the great products Fun Stampers Journey has to offer. To visit Wilma's blog, click here and her Facebook Group here.
And the awesome prize this month is:
We really appreciate feedback, so please leave a comment on each of the blogs in the hop today. One winner will be chosen from all comments on the hop as of April 28, 2017. The winner will be announced in our May hop; so be sure to come back next month.
You should have arrived here from Wilma's Blog. If you're visiting here first, you might want to start at the beginning so you don't miss a thing and increase your chances of winning by leaving a comment on each blog.

And for something with a totally different look but the same stamp set...

I went for a steam punk look at these cards using a set of gears I had bought on clearance from Tuesday Mornings. As you can see, I primarily stayed with the bronze, gold and copper inks in each card but in the top card I added the blue. Layering worked great for me in each card.


 What a deal!
I used this set, another clearance set from Tuesday Mornings to make the cards shown below.


This set included sentiments so I heat embossed them to add to the front of the cards. Below I have included pictures of how I added the twine. The last card has a splattered look because I spritzed it with Angle Mist in gold.
I run a strip of double sided adhesive on the front of the card and then I start layering strip of twine until the entire piece of adhesive is filled.
I add another piece of double sided tape on the back to hole the twine in place and also to adhere it to the card front.
Finally, here are three of my card fronts without embellishments to show you how I used the stamps and did layering.
The key to layering stamps is to put your lighter colors in the background and add your darker colors on top.
The card front below I messed up and smudged the silver embossing powder so I decided to try it on the whole thing. I did a quick pat with the embossing ink pad and then sprinkled on the silver embossing powder. An accident that turned out pretty cool I thought.

Now you’re off to visit with Amanda. Hope you had fun and thanks for stopping by. See you next month with another technique!
Blessing and happy crafting, Jearise (AKA Lorby)
Here’s the full line-up in case you get lost:

17 comments:

  1. Well, you may have started out with bargain stamps but you ended up with cards that look like a million! Great job and thanks for sharing all the details. So fun hopping with you...see you next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a deal! And great cards. I might have to go visit the local Tuesday Morning now! I like how you showed the details of adding the twine - that's very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super deal! We don't have Tuesday Morning in Canada and when I visited the States, I ran out of time and never got there *sad face*. Your cards are fabulous! I love the nautical theme. Thanks for hopping along with the AYOCT bunch!

    Sharon
    A Piece Of (my) Heart Blog
    **Make sure to visit my blog to grab some really great FREE Digi Sentiments.**

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas and wonderful cards Jearise. I like the backgrounds you created form you set. Sometimes we forget that any stamp can be turned into a background stamp and who knew that such a bargain and make so pretty cards. Thank you for joining our blog hop this year and I am looking forward to hopping with you next month. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are some pretty cool cards. I love Tuesday Mornings but am glad I don't live closer to one or my craft room would overflow even more than it already does.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love how you added real gears to the stamped ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the steampunk stuff! You did a great job on all of your cards. Love the gears!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always looking for some masculine ideas! These work well

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Love these cards but those steampunk cards...I just love them! They will make perfect cards for both of my kids for end of school years cards since they are both into the STEM programs in school! Steampunk always reminds me of science and engineering...just perfect! Thanks for some gret inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great find! Those are cool. I love the look of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are cool. Not the usual cards! Good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice, vintage look! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards! I love the gears. It was great hopping with you again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have seen the key set at Tuesday Morning but I missed the Steampunk set, it is great! fantastic job with the cards!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me? I L-O-V-E Tuesday Morning, too! One of my faves in purchasing anything crafty. Their prices are phenomenal! Wonderful job with the stamp set. I love the keys.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an interesting and fun stamp set! I love your cards and could see this as a great set for masculine cards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good blog post. I definitey love this site. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Lorby's World today and leaving a comment.