Thursday, August 8, 2013

Shadow Box for Cutter's Creek and Auction

Today I would like to present a shadow box I made that is going to be auctioned off this weekend. A little girl in our school is fighting for her life due to cancer and the community has come together to help the family emotionally and financially and this was one the ways I thought I could help out. I love making shadow boxes and just adding the 3D effects that make it all come together.

I didn't add the frame for this picture because I was getting a glare from the glass.  Here are a close up of my flowers.
I used the Cricut Flower Shoppe cartridge to make the flowers. Please email Kim if you are interested in this great cartridge. I then used Perfect Pearls Mists in Heirloom gold to spritz the flowers.

This is where your journaling can be written or you can stamp a sentiment here.
I used CUTTLEBUG 5X7 Embossing Plus-Fanciful Labels to cut out the label and then I lifted the flap and used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye to ink the raised part.

The center paper where the photo goes is from the 6 x 6 Authentique bundle which was one of the pads that I received in Kim's 6 x 6 paper pad club. Please email Kim if you're interested in future clubs.

Here is the final picture with the frame on.
I used an Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber in gold to paint the outside of my plain black frame and give it an antique look.

I also used my ATG gun to adhere the photo area and tag to the background paper and I used Glue Dots to adhere the flowers.

Bye for now! Jearise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Lorby's World today and leaving a comment.