Ni hao and welcome to the Chines New Year Blog Hop! This hop is in honor of Guan, the little boy April's family is adopting from Taiwan. To celebrate his culture, we want to share some Chinese-inspired projects with you!
- If you arrived here from Amy's blog then you are in the right place! If you just joined us, please go back to April's blog at www.curlsandgrins.blogspot.com to see everyone's amazing creativity!We have some great blog candy to offer from April Nourse and PSA Essentials. To be eligible, you must simply comment on each blog on each day's post. We'd love for you to become a follower of each of our blogs too.
Gung Hay Fat Choy means "Best wishes and Congratulations
Welcome back to our celebration. Yesterday I showed how we decorated and the food we prepare and eat but today I will continue our celebration.
When we are done eating, everyone is given a fortune cookie to open, read their fortune and eat.
Here is some Wikipedia history of the fortune cookie...Fortune cookies are often served as a dessert in Chinese restaurants in the United States and some other countries, but are absent in China. The exact provenance of fortune cookies is unclear, though various immigrant groups in California claim to have popularized them in the early 20th century, basing their recipe on a traditional Japanese cracker. Fortune cookies have been summarized as being "introduced by the Japanese, popularized by the Chinese, but ultimately ... consumed by Americans."
New Years Party file from SVG attic to make my poppers.
Since it is the Year of the Dragon, I had to make this card because I love this stamp and have been wanting to use it since I bought it from a friend.
Thank you so much for celebrating with us this year. I love to have company visit and share in our traditions and it's always fun to break out of the mold and share a tradition that is of another culture.
Hugs from Lorby's World
- Thanks for stopping by! Your next stop is Shannon.
- April - http://curlsandgrins.blogspot.com
- Lynne K. - http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/
- Ashley - http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com/
- Amy - http://www.lovetocrop.com/
- Jearise - http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com/
- Shannon - http://www.purplelionpaper.com/blog
- Inga - http://mommahobbit.blogspot.com/
- Maria - http://www.mdcraftcorner.blogspot.com/
- Janet- http://www.createatdreamscrapbooks.blogspot.com/
- Dena - http://missdjones.blogspot.com/
- Jennifer - http://jenrubio.blogspot.com/
- Theresa- http://www.thescrapbookingqueen.com/
- Ellen - http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com/
- PSA Essentials - www.psastampcamp.blogspot.com/