Monday, August 10, 2020

Spaghetti Sauce

 A few years back I started making my own spaghetti sauce because I could add what I wanted and make it less sweet than jarred sauce.  Here is the simple recipe.



Recipe and directions:

1 pound hamburger

1 28 ounce canned crushed tomatoes (I use basil and garlic.)

1 6 ounce can tomato paste

1 8 ounce can of tomato sauce

1 container of mushrooms (I like portabella.)

3 cloves garlic or garlic powder to taste

1 tablespoon basil or Italian seasonings

pepper to taste

1/4 cup sugar (more or less to taste)


Brown the burger.

In a food processor, combine diced tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, mushrooms, garlic cloves, Italian seasons and pepper. Blend all ingredients. Slowly spread sugar over top of sauce and blend some more.

Poor sauce mixture over browned burger and let simmer for 20 minutes on medium low heat with cover on.

Cook your noodles while the sauce is simmering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Lorby's World today and leaving a comment.