Tuesday, August 11, 2020

MOIST CHICKEN TRICK

I've learned a lot of techniques lately while trying new dishes. These techniques have made a big  improvement on some regular dishes. Here are a few I tricks I learned back in May when I started cooking authentic Chinese and Korean dishes.


For years, I have never liked cooking chicken on the stove top because it always turned out dry. I usually coat the chicken in bread crumbs and pop it in the oven to back but I learned a great way to keep chicken moist and tender when cooking it on the stove top. 

Coat your chicken breast with cornstarch before frying it. This keeps the moisture in the chicken so the chicken will be tender and moist when you're done.

Here I cut up two and a half chicken breasts and added seasonings to them before placing them in the bowl.  I then sprinkled between 2 and 3 tablespoons of cornstarch on top of the chicken breast and then mixed until the breasts pieces are coated. I used my hands for the mixing but you can use a spatula. Start out using only 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. You can always add more and you would be surprised how little you need to coat the chicken. 



Tip 1)  I added about 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan and then when it was hot, I placed the chicken breast in the pan. Place them in the pan like you place bacon strips in a pan for cooking. They can be next to each other but not on top of each other. Sometimes I need to cook more than one batch of chicken.  I cooked my chicken on medium heat.

Tip 2)  Another tip I learned recently is to NOT try to turn your meat (chicken or beef) for a few minutes. If you go to turn it and it sticks to the pan, that means it's still cooking on that side. Meat is easy to lift up and turn if it's totally cooked on one side.

I added more spices and a little salt along with fresh sliced green onions while the chicken was cooking. 

From the time I placed the chicken in the pan until it was finished cooking was about 10 to 15 minutes. 

Tip 3) I always take the biggest chunk of meat out when I cook and try to use a wooden spoon to break it in half. If the meat is done all the way through, it will break apart easily.

Here is the finished chicken breast and you can see how moist and tender it is.

I hope these hints help and thanks for stopping by today. If you try any of the recipes from my blog, let me know how it turned out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Lorby's World today and leaving a comment.