Monday, March 23, 2015

It's still cold season?

I am the lucky winner of a spring head cold. I can't complain (too much) because I could have the flu.

Having a cold or being sick with anything makes crafting hard but I was determined to get some done. I'm working on an Explosion Box to donate to a craft show. 

I would like to get at least 6 of them done but we'll see. I am learning that when I want to make something to sell or donate to be sold, it is wise to design my own projects so I don't infringe on any copyright laws. I designed my Explosion Box, but there are so many free cutting files out there or you can find lots of tutorials on how to cut them out without a machine that I don't think it would be a problem to use one but better safe than sorry.

I'll post pictures and info when I get it all done but what I want to show you today is the butterfly I created in Inkscape to go in the middle of my box. I actually designed two but only used one. 

I wanted some fanciful butterflies and I think they turned out okay for my first try. I saved them as svg. and png. files so I can cut or make a digi of them. I have some grand ideas for these two butterflies.

You'll have to wait to see which one I chose for my explosion box. 

Maybe having a head cold helps instead of hinders my creativeness. Hmm. Still don't like it.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Lorby's World today and leaving a comment.