There are 2 wonderful sponsors for this year's Mardi Gras Hop and I ask that you take a few minutes and check them out as you walk down the parade route.
- $15 Gift Card for Treasure Box Designs (http://www.treasureboxdesigns.com/). They are asking you to stop by their blog and checking out their Guest Designer projects and leaving a comment at http://treasureboxdesigns.blogspot.com/. They are a part of the parade route!
- $50 Gift card from Anita Meadows Cannon
Our hostess for this year's parade (hop) is the lovely Lynne and if you started at her blog, then you have chosen the correct parade route but if you happened upon our Mardi Gras by accident I ask that you go back to the beginning so you see all the colorful, happy floats (projects.)
Let me invite you to my Mardi Gras Ball...
Southeastern region of the country, particularly in Mobile, Alabama, the towns and cities of the Mississippi Gulf Coast, southern Louisiana and New Orleans. In this region, the king cake is closely associated with Mardi Gras traditions and is served throughout the Carnival season, which lasts from Epiphany Eve to Fat Tuesday.
The cake has a small trinket (often a small plastic baby, said to represent Baby Jesus) inside (or sometimes placed underneath), and the person who gets the piece of cake with the trinket has various privileges and obligations.
My plan is to make this cake using three containers of Cinnamon roll dough and then, since I couldn't find the baby Jesus anywhere, I will add a plastic coin to the lucky piece. Our whole house has been fighting the ick all weekend so I may not get this done as planned but I will in the near future if not today.
The King cake has the three colors of Mardi Gras: gold, purple, and green. Rex, the King of Carnival, selected the Mardi Gras colors and assigned meaning to them in 1892. Purple stands for justice, green for faith, and gold for power. The person can also be crowned King for the day and it is their turn to supply the cake for the next King Cake celebration. Here is the crown I made for my king or queen.
Thank you for coming to my Ball and enjoying the festivities of Mardi Gras. I love comments and followers.
Your next stop is Angela.
- Lynne - http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/
- Edwina ~ http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com/
- Kimberly Pate ~ http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com/
- Inga Klaus ~ http://mommahobbit.blogspot.com/
- Kari - http://purplefuntastickcreations.blogspot.com/
- Dena - http://missdjones.blogspot.com/
- Gill - http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.com/
- Janet S - http://www.ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/
- Ashley - http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com/
- Lisa Woodward ~ http://mycraftyspaces.blogspot.com/
- Rhonda - http://craftingwithblue.blogspot.com/
- Anita` http://www.anitaandbugs.blogspot.com/
- Katie ~ http://www.ktsangels.blogspot.com/
- Theresa - http://scrappinginheels.blogspot.com/
- Susan - http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/
- Laura- www.lauraleesdream.blogspot.com/
- Jearise - http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com/