- Ni hao and welcome to the Chines New Year Blog Hop! This hop is in honor of Guan, the little boy April's family is adopting from Taiwan. To celebrate his culture, we want to share some Chinese-inspired projects with you!If you arrived here from Amy's blog then you are in the right place! If you just joined us, please go back to April's blog to see everyone's amazing creativity!We have some great blog candy to offer from April Nourse and PSA Essentials. To be eligible, you must simply comment on each blog on each day's post. We'd love for you to become a follower of each of our blogs too.*************************
Gung Hay Fat Choy means "Best wishes and Congratulations
I am not Chinese but we love to celebrate this holiday at our house. I began celebrating it about four years ago when I organized a moms' play group and even though the group is no more we still continue to celebrate it.
Cleaning the house is part of the preparation for Chinese New Year and this gives me a good excuse to get my children to help clean. In preparation of our Chinese dinner this year, we finally took down our Christmas tree and Christmas decorations.
Once the house is clean, I decorate with Chinese paper lanterns that I designed in Inscape and the children decorated after I cut them out using my Sizzix eClips.
Red is used in decorations for good luck.
I try to make Chinese food but some of my food turns out to be Japanese since we like both food types. Food served during the new year celebration represents health, abundance and luck. I'm not for sure if my food represents any of those things but I know it does represent yummy.
These fortune cookie place cards are from the New Year file from SVG Attic.
Head back to my blog tomorrow to see what we do after we eat in celebration of this wonderful cultural holiday and to learn a little more about it.
Hugs for today from Jearise in Lorby's World.
Thanks for stopping by! Your next stop is Shannon's blog.
- April - http://curlsandgrins.blogspot.com
- Lynne K. - http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/
- Ashley - http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com/
- Amy - http://www.lovetocrop.com/
- Jearise - http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com/
- Shannon - http://www.purplelionpaper.com/blog
- Inga - http://mommahobbit.blogspot.com/
- Maria - http://www.mdcraftcorner.blogspot.com/
- Janet- http://www.createatdreamscrapbooks.blogspot.com/
- Dena - http://missdjones.blogspot.com/
- Jennifer - http://jenrubio.blogspot.com/
- Theresa- http://www.thescrapbookingqueen.com/
- Ellen - http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com/
- PSA Essentials - www.psastampcamp.blogspot.com/