Friday, November 11, 2016

Acetate and Vellum



Our year of hopping is almost through, if you've not gotten the chance to hop and comment each month, click on the links below to take you to the posts.
 January, February, March, April, May,  June, July, August, September,  and October.

Remember to comment on each blog for each month to be entered into the prize drawing. Each comment on the 12 hops throughout the year will be entered into a drawing for a $25 Blitsy.com or Stampin' Up gift certificate (Winner's Choice).



Now on with the projects. This month it's all about the see through stuff...vellum and acetate.

I started off by making your tradition shaker card. I have made them before but always do something wrong. For once, it turned out right. I used my Cricut to cut some poster board and that was easier than using layers of cardstock I found.



If you would like to make your own shaker card, Crafty.com has a pictorial on how to make three different kinds. I've included the link here: https://www.craftsy.com/blog/2015/03/how-to-make-shaker-cards/

Last but not least, was a card I made using acetate an embossing folder and my Sizzix BIGkick. I have never done this before and have to say that I just love the way it turned out. I used different types of Tim Holtz's distress inks to color the card stock. I used a sponge to blend the colors and then I used the acetate overtop.



If you would like to try the above technique, here is a link to Two Pink Peas that shows you how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKl7sgTVrSI

I hope you have enjoyed my projects today and now it's time to move on to Sharon.

 We really love feedback, so please leave a comment on each of the blogs in today's hop. Your hop destinations are:

Theresa 
Debbie 
Lisa
Kim
Jearise
Sharon
Claudia
Amanda

10 comments:

  1. These are nice cards Jearise. Did you use acetate or vellum on the last one? Love the fall colors. Looking forward to next month

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used acetate that I put through an embossing folder to get the raised design.

      Delete
  2. Love the look of the embossed acetate and will have to try that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! I've only made 1 shaker card, but want to make more one day. It was great hopping with you again! Thanks for your sweet comment on my boyfriend's card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great acetate cards and the vellum one is just breathtaking! love it!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards. The last one is stunning. I'll have to try embossing my acetate. I love the look.

    Sharon
    A Piece Of Heart Blog
    **Make sure to visit my blog to grab some really great FREE Digi Sentiments.**

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your shaker card, but I LOVE your acetate card. It's beautiful! A pleasure hopping with you, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable cards!
    Thanks for hopping with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very neat-o (or should I say clear-o?)! What a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that shaker. Great job, and always a pleasure to hop with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Lorby's World today and leaving a comment.