I am delighted to join with more than 3 dozen other women who have each made at least one Halloween-themed banner that will be donated to hang in the room of a medically-fragile child at Pediatric Specialty Care in Pennsylvania.
Our Hop Hostess (Ellen CardMonkey Jarvis) works at PSC’s Bucks County site as Admissions Coordinator. The Banner Hop starts there, so please be sure to circle back to the beginning to see all of the terrific banners have been made for these very special children.
Ellen shared this information with us about Pediatric Specialty Care: “PSC is a very special place where children stay either long- or short-term, typically after hospitalization. Most are dependent on ventilators and other technology to survive. Some have been born too early or with genetic diseases or birth injuries. Other children suffer injuries later in life that require constant care later, including brain injuries from trauma or loss of oxygen (from choking, suffocation or drowning) and spinal cord injuries.
These children and their families -- and PSC’s staff -- will be thrilled to receive the Halloween banners, to help brighten the season when their friends and siblings will be out trick-or-treating.”
Here is the banner I am sending to a child at PSC:
My daughter saw what people were doing and thought it was such a great idea to help children that she wanted to make a banner too. She would like her banner to go to a girl but said if it goes to a boy, that's fine too.
Paper is DCVW
Halloween Twine is from Divine Twine
Catridge is Halloween and Scaredy Cat for the eClips.
Here images come from Pink Cat Stamps and she colored them herself. The cat has bangs and a bow that Antasha added to it.
This Hop is two days (Saturday, September 1 and Sunday, September 2), and on each day you will see different banners. Be sure to visit on both days to see the truly inspirational work of these generous bloggers, and leave some love (comments) on as many sites as you can – because if you do, you can up your chances to win some Spooktacular blog candy, including from these sponsors:
Madge's Scrappin' Lounge is donating a $25 gift certificate to her store at http://madgesscrappinlounge.storenvy.com/!
Lisa Peters - $15 shopping spree to her adorable paper piecing store at Scrapping With Lisa Designs at www.scrappingwithlisadesigns.com
Lucy Kelleher - Independent Consultant for Close to My Heart is donating a $10 Gift Certificate which you can use towards any Close to My Heart products! ( http://lucyk.ctmh.com/). To enter to win, you will need to leave a comment on her blog (http://love2createitall.com/) and become a follower of her blog. For an additional entry, "Like" her Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/LucyK.CTMH.
Debi Weidleman - Independent Consultant for Stampin' Up is also donating a $10 Gift Certificate which you can use towards any Stampin' Up products - http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/debiweid/.
Erica's Craft Room is donating two Cricut cartridges (!!!) -- Pretty Pennants and Mini Books. Please visit and say thank you to Erica at http://www.shop.ericascraftroom.com/.
To qualify, all you have to do is leave at least one comment on our Hostess’s site (www.cardmonkeyspaperjungle) to name which banner spoke to you – ghostly or not! What made it appealing to you? Leave additional comments on as many banner makers’ sites as you’d like for extra chances to win! Prize winners will be announced on Monday, September 3 on the CardMonkey site, where there will be a round-up of all of the Spooktacular banners for 2012.
Please move on your way to the next stop, which is: Jenny's blog. Thank you again for visiting!
- Ellen ♥ CardMonkey - http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com/
- Sandie Dunne - http://sandieshores.blogspot.ie/search/label/banner%20hop
- Ashley - http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com/
- Lucy ~ http://love2createitall.blogspot.com/
- Dena ~ http://missdjones.blogspot.com/
- Yvette ~ http://gammascreativecorner.blogspot.com/
- Jamie ~ http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/
- Nancie ~ http://alittlepieceofmebynancie.blogspot.com/
- Beth ~ http://motherandaughterdesigns.blogspot.com/
- Erica ~ http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/
- Jearise ~ http://lorbyworld.blogspot.com
- Jenny - http://crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com/
- Lisa T.- http://bitbythecricutbug.blogspot.com
- Robin ~ http://scrapandchat.blogspot.com/
- Jessica S ~ http://jessicascraftshaque.blogspot.com
- Lori A ~ http://scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com/
- Jenny D. ~ http://www.yogimemories.blogspot.com/
- Linda Simpson - http://lindasimpsoncraftypieceofheaven.blogspot.com
- Beckie ~ http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com
- Scrappin Madge: http://www.thescrappinlounge.com
- Jennifer R ~ http://craftycardgallery.blogspot.com
- Debbie T ~ http://debbiescrafttime.blogspot.co.uk/
- Tami McD ~ http://tamboscreations.blgspot.com
- Susan ~ http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/